29.3.12

DENIM DIY

I picked up this vintage Wrangler jacket a week ago knowing it would make the perfect evening project. . . and last night was that evening.



While watching Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day Lewis anyone?) I set about covering up the artwork that the previous owner had added (I DO like the rose they painted on the collar).  Rooting through my cloth scrap-bin I discovered that still had some more of the B&W fabric that i've used for other projects left which seemed to be a good match for the jacket.  

BEFORE


For this project I centered the pattern over the painted panel and cut the cloth to size (leaving .5" all around to fold under for a clean edge). I then pinned it into place and sewed around the perimeter with my machine. Boom boom boom. done.  It's also good to put a few pins in the middle to keep the cloth centered while you work.  *Sorry there are no process photos this time, I'll try to be a more diligent DIY documenter next time.  

AFTER



12 Comments:

Blogger Arlie said...

hell yah! i love it

March 29, 2012 at 2:25 PM  
Blogger ASH said...

ShiT! I love what you did with it!

March 29, 2012 at 2:46 PM  
Blogger Tanis said...

That is one sweet jacket! Did you tuck the edges under & just do a zig zag stitch?

March 29, 2012 at 2:49 PM  
Blogger Rackk and Ruin said...

@tannis - Exactly!!

March 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! You are just amazing at this.

March 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Carol said...

I have lived 7 years in Barcelona and these are my recomendations:

- The Dali Museum in Figueres (60 minutes from Barcelona by train. You can take the train in Sants Station)

You can profit the trip and go the same day to Cadaques by the same train(one of the most beautifull places in the Costa Brava)

- Breakfast: http://www.federalcafe.es/

- Vintage clothing: Holala and Retro City (Raval area)and Le Swing (Borne)

- Bar: Betty Ford (Raval area)and Hotel Raval (the top of the hotel)

- Shopping: La Comercial and Coquette (Borne), Santa Eulalia (Paseig de Gracia).

- Clubbing: Sala Apolo (Don´t miss Nasty Mondays) and Sala Razzmatazz (see websites)

- The best antique shop ever: heritage (http://www.heritagebarcelona.com/) Gotic Area

Sorry, my English is not good

Have fun in Barcelona

March 29, 2012 at 6:37 PM  
Blogger Let's Bolt said...

2 kewl 4 skool.

March 29, 2012 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger bravegrrl said...

oh i love it!

March 30, 2012 at 12:37 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Love it!

March 30, 2012 at 4:53 AM  
Blogger meg wachter said...

you know you're my style idol, right?

March 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Anonymous reid.damnit said...

that is a giant improvement!

March 30, 2012 at 10:59 AM  
Blogger sweet harvest moon said...

It looks amazing!

April 3, 2012 at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home