23.8.11

MY NEXT DIY

When I saw these "Luxury Jones Boots" that One Part Gypsy posted about I immediately thought two things: Free People is selling them . . . therefore they must cost an arm and a leg . . . and that they look like the easiest DIY everrr.

Turns out I was right about the cost. After clicking over to Free People, I saw that the boots are selling for $438 a pair. The major problem here is that you don't even know what your overpriced boots are going to end up looking like since they are "found vintage".

I know what i'll have my eyes peeled for the next time i'm thrifting: cowboy boots and four belts. Any takers?

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger ediot said...

oh i fell for them too. but then i saw the price.. oh no.
agree with you that it's better to diy then to buy these. can't wait to see how you do it

x

August 23, 2011 at 8:15 AM  
Blogger bravegrrl said...

i thought the same thing....

August 23, 2011 at 2:19 PM  
Blogger Mia M. said...

yes, do it! cannot wait to see the result! the price shocked me!!!

bisous,
mia

HEYLILAHEY

August 23, 2011 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Let's Bolt said...

um these are the ugliest?

August 24, 2011 at 1:26 AM  
Anonymous mar said...

i bought a pair of samples for a lot of cash. the insides were terribly dirrrty and chewy and the belts are now falling off -they were glued..-. I love these weights tho, what can I say...they make me feel good

August 24, 2011 at 4:54 AM  
Blogger ANDWHATELSEISTHERE said...

i am going to see your DIY replica since i'm sure your work will never disappoint me. can't wait!

ANDWHATELSEISTHERE

SHOP

August 24, 2011 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger CHRISTI JAY said...

D! I! Y! After seeing that sweet fringed vest, i think your boots'll look better. Do it!

sleepydarlings.blogspot.com

August 25, 2011 at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home