25.8.11

FROM HERE TO THERE


Ever since getting this vintage tasseled leather jacket a few years ago i've slowly been trying to make it more user-friendly. I am not a biker. I wish i were, but alas, i'm just not that badass. Therefore, a full on tasseled leather biker jacket comes off as Halloween-y when i wear it. The first step towards wearability was to turn it into a vest. The arms were fully tasseled, á la A.Wang's fringed leather sweatshirt from a few seasons back, so removing them was an easy decision. . . Alas, even with the jacket in vest form it still wasn't quite "me."

So when I was in Maine earlier this month and I found an ill-fitting (and stain ridden) patterned jacket on the $1 rack at a thrift store, I saw potential. I decided to sew a panel of the B&W patterned material onto the back of the vest to give it a more casual look. I also added some of the fabric to this jacket as well. . .

vintage leather jacket : bdg tee : vintage Levis : diy leather sandals : faux pashmina

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Patrícia Matias aka dj Pat said...

Good work, girl!! ;) And I also like the sandals!

kiss

www.in-tensa-mente.blogspot.com

August 26, 2011 at 8:47 AM  
Anonymous leah said...

dude this is an AMAZING transformation. is it for sale??? i love it! i want it!
you are so talented.

xxoo
leah

August 26, 2011 at 11:00 AM  
Anonymous enterrement de vie de garcon Paris said...

Super jacket et j'aime bien les sandales également.

Séréna

September 2, 2011 at 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Women Leather Biker jacket said...

nice post love it

November 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home